Thursday, January 31, 2013

Chapter Breaks

Guess what?  I didn't put any chapter breaks in my book.  That's right, I have been reading books for nearly forty years and completely forgot about chapters.  I blame the fact that I have been reading picture books to my son for the past few years.  Those don't have chapter breaks.
So I got my edited copy of Bent Boot Road yesterday and had to put in some chapter breaks which meant I sat down with the thing last night and tried to divide it up in some way.  My editor advised me to stop chapters at 'cliffhanger' spots and that I what I kinda-sorta did.  I hope they seem logical.
Next will be fixing stuff in the writing which I am almost looking forward to because if/when I am interrupted, it will be much easier to get back to it rather than when I am trying to crank words out on a blank page.

No comments:

Post a Comment