Wednesday, February 13, 2013

For Something Completely Different

I run hot and cold writing to music.  Sometimes I crave silence and other times something melodic in the background really helps get the words on the page.  Lately I have started to randomly pick up CDs at the library and try them out.  Here are two that I have been enjoying lately:

Soundtrack to Hanna by the Chemical Brothers-LOVE this, it is blurry and electronic and has moody vocals.  There are weird little bells and electric organ too. It is a perfect way to lose myself inside my story.

Soundtrack to Girl With a Dragon Tattoo by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross-Loved NIN in my college years, so tried out this three disc set and I love it too; all the tracks are also moody and feel very open in that my own imagination can ride through without becoming diverted by the music.

In unrelated writing news, for Valentine’s Day our family adopted a small terrier mix dog named Nellie.  She is doing very well but I am exhausted from all the new doggy stuff I had to do today.  Plus I made treats (pink rice crispy treats and fresh strawberries) for my son’s class tomorrow and I am helping out with their Valentine party.  But writing will be done somehow!

No comments:

Post a Comment